Job Title: Clerk/Phlebotomist
Company: MidHudson Regional Hospital
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Laboratory Central
Position: Part Time
Hours: Sun-Sat Any Hours
Shift: All Shifts
Req #: 29526
Posted Date: Mar 16, 2022
Under the direction of the Lab Central Supervisor/Coordinator, the Clerk/Phlebotomist functions as a phlebotomist following procedures and policies for collection, handling and transport of biological specimens. Participates in the reception and clerical aspects of both inpatient and outpatient testing. Phlebotomy function is a 24/7 operation within the hospital location. Staff is required to work rotating weekends and holidays and may be required to work varied and/or additional hours/shifts based on departmental needs. May be required to travel to offsite locations and perform specimen collections.
- One-year phlebotomy experience preferred.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Completion of a phlebotomy program/course or on-the-job training in phlebotomy and minimum of three years experience.
- Clerical experience desirable.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and computer data entry experience strongly preferred.
- ASCP accreditation / certification highly desirable.
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- 24 /7 operation may require individual to work hours and/or shifts beyond their regularly scheduled hours/shift.
- The position requires individual to work rotating weekends and holidays and may be required to work varied and/or additional hours/shifts based on departmental needs.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley’s most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area’s only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.