Job Title: Clinical Coordinator, Pharmacy
Company: HealthAlliance Hospital - Mary's Avenue Campus
City/State: Kingston, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Position: Full Time
Req #: 22050
Posted Date: Dec 17, 2020
Under the general supervision of the Director of Pharmacy Services, an incumbent of this position serves as a technical expert who assists in the development, coordination and implementation of clinical pharmacy services at HealthAlliance, particularly as relates to treatment of infectious diseases or other specific category of drug, such as high cost, high use drugs with narrow therapeutic indices. Responsibilities include the design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and coordination of activities associated with the provision of safe, effective and economical pharmacotherapy for all patients in the hospital, and the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with clinical practice and all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Supervision is not a responsibility of this position. Does related work as required.
- B.S. Pharmacy or undergraduate PharmD
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations set forth by accrediting organizations and governmental agencies that govern all aspects of operating a pharmacy service within a medical center
- Knowledge of the functional aspects, professional relationships, and procedures used in a large tertiary care, teaching medical center, as they relate to the Pharmacy Division
- Three years of experience as a pharmacist, two of which must have been in a hospital, and a Pharm.D.
- Ability to implement new systems and procedures
- Valid license and current registration issued by the New York State Education Department as a Pharmacist
<!–[if !supportLists]–> <!–[endif]–>If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies