Job Title: Clinical Dietitian
Company: HealthAlliance Hospital
City/State: Kingston, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Dialysis-Hemo Outpatient
Position: Part Time
Req #: 34151
Posted Date: Mar 10, 2023
Hiring Range: $31.69-$39.83/Hr
Function independently as a member of the dialysis multidisciplinary team. Responsible for nutritional management of dialysis and pre-dialysis patients. Acts as an educator, facilitator and consultant to assist the patients to achieve optimal nutritional health and positive clinical outcomes.
- Development of nutrition care plans (NCP) outlining goals of management, providing oral and written diet instructions and follow-up.
- Monthly documentation in the medical record (MR) including review of laboratory values and care plan, telephone follow-up with home patients and chronic care facilities, calorie counts, diet recalls, and MR review.
- Follow-up of nutrition assessment and instruction including documentation of patient intake, satisfaction, comprehension, compliance with NCP, recommendations for modifications and re-instruction on diet modification.
- Gather information on the nutrition history including review of MR, laboratory values, usual eating habits, activity level, status of urine output, previous diet instruction, understanding of the disease, social, emotional and family resources.
- Preparation of formal written nutrition assessment on basis of information obtained from the nutrition history, including documentation of nutrition problems, current nutritional needs and a recommended diet prescription.
- Monthly participation in structured team care planning providing specific information regarding patient’s nutritional status (progress and problems) and contributing to the development and revision of the interdisciplinary renal care team’s patient care plan.
- Weekly collaboration and communication with interdisciplinary renal care team to discuss patient progress/problems and action plans. Acts as a resource for the entire renal care team, demonstrates understanding of group dynamics and fosters positive relations amongthe team. Assists in nutrition and non-nutrition related areas as appropriate.
- Monthly monitoring and reporting of patient nutritional status according to performance improvement (PI) program. Written and oral reports are generated. All malnourished patients are addressed, and corrective actions are developed, implemented and documented. Takes a leadership role in identifying quality issues and projects, productively approaches the problem-solving process by interacting with appropriate staff. Identifies, develops, implements one nutrition or department patient care PI project per year.
- Provide ongoing nutrition in-services/education/guidance on current nutrition research and philosophies to staff, physicians, patients, colleges, visiting students, and interns.
- Will use clinical judgment and intervention in appropriate response to patient age, size and medical condition. Cultural practices will be addressed as long as such practices do not harm others or interfere with planned course of medical therapy.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- Minimum – 4 year college degree;required – registered dietitian
- Minimum –1 years acute care experience; preferred –2 yearsHospital experience
- American Dietetic Association Registered Dietitian required.
- Renal Nutrition Board Certification by A.D.A.
Benefits:We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Saving Account
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement