Job Title: Clinical Lab Technologist-Bs Deg
Company: MidHudson Regional Hospital
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Laboratory Central
Position: Full Time
Hours: Sun-Sat 630PM - 7AM
Shift: Night - 12 hour shift
Req #: 28415
Posted Date: Jan 05, 2022
Processes, and analyzes biological specimens according to defined procedures using independent judgment, effectively integrating the pre-analytic, analytic and post-analytic components in the process. Follows established protocol for quality assurance and quality improvement. Recognizes problems and actively participates in problem resolution. May supervise co-workers and evaluate technical staff competencies.
- Must satisfy one of the education and training pathways for Clinical Laboratory Technologist as outlined in the NYS Education Law through either the standard pathway or one of the special provision pathwaysand
- Current licensure in New York State as a Clinical Laboratory Technologistor
- Verification of pending application to NYS as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist and a Limited Permit to Practice Clinical Laboratory Technology (Note: Application of Limited Permit to NYS Ed occurs once individual is hired into the position)
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Certification in a national accrediting agency preferred.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley’s most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area’s only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.