Job Title: Clinical Lab Technologist-Bs Deg
Company: MidHudson Valley Staffco, LLC
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Laboratory Central
Position: Full Time
Hours: 7.5 hr shifts
Req #: 12225
Posted Date: Aug 02, 2019
Processes, and analyzes biological specimens according to defined procedures using independent judgment, effectively integrating the pre-analytic, analytic and post-analytic components in the process. Follows established protocol for quality assurance and quality improvement. Recognizes problems and actively participates in problem resolution. May supervise co-workers and evaluate technical staff competencies.
- Must satisfy one of the education and training pathways for Clinical Laboratory Technologist as outlined in the NYS Education Law through either the standard pathway or one of the special provision pathwaysand
- Current licensure in New York State as a Clinical Laboratory Technologistor
- Verification of pending application to NYS as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist and a Limited Permit to Practice Clinical Laboratory Technology (Note: Application of Limited Permit to NYS Ed occurs once individual is hired into the position)
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Certification in a national accrediting agency preferred.