Job Title: Clinical Laboratory Technician
Company: HealthAlliance Hospital
City/State: Kingston, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Position: Per Diem
Hours: per diem
Req #: 37313
Posted Date: Nov 03, 2023
Hiring Range: $52.89
The Clinical Lab Technician performs clinical laboratory procedures and examinations pursuant to established and approved protocols, which require limited independent judgment and interpretation. The Clinical Laboratory Technician will be performing assigned duties under the supervision of a Clinical Laboratory Supervisor or a Clinical Laboratory Technologist with over 6 years of experience.
- Receives and accessions specimens and documents all the necessary data in the Laboratory Information System or log book on samples such as: sputum, bronchial washings, stools, wound swabs, urine, bone marrow, body tissues, body fluids and spinal fluids.
- Prepares and stains slides from specimen and examines them under a microscope. Performs various laboratory examinations, both manual and automated.
- Performs prescribed procedures of quality control, such as daily log of equipment and temperatures, daily check of CO and air cylinder tanks, daily check of air levels in Biological Safety Cabinet, daily check of stains for intended reactivity, checks of pH of solutions, etc.
- Enters and retrieves laboratory data and compiles reports using an automated system and equipment.
- Prepares standards, reagents, solutions, complements for tests.
- Records, files, charts and tests results as required.
- Maintains assigned area, instrumentation and equipment in a safe manner and at operational readiness.
- Prepares media, solutions, reagents and equipment, ensuring proper availability of work materials.
- Records results and makes reports of findings.
- Maintains daily and monthly tabulation of number, type and origin of specimens.
- Ensures that adequate inventories of laboratory supplies are maintained.
- May instruct and participate in the washing and sterilizing of laboratory glassware.
- May provide instruction personnel in the proper techniques and procedures employed in washing, rinsing and sterilizing laboratory glassware and in the preparation and sterilizing of culture media and solutions
- May participate in the New York State Department of Health proficiency testing programs in the assigned area of discipline.
0-2 years experience as a Clinical Lab Technician, preferred.
Associate’s or higher degree for certified clinical laboratory technician or substantial equivalence as per New York State education department, required
Licenses / Certifications:
Must possess a license and current registration as a Certified Clinical Laboratory Technician issued by the New York State Education Department, or must possess a limited permit issued by the New York State Education Department to practice as a Certified Clinical Laboratory Technician at the Westchester Medical Center.