Job Title: Clinical Laboratory Technologist
Company: HealthAlliance Hospital - Mary's Avenue Campus
City/State: Kingston, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Position: Per Diem
Req #: 32421
Posted Date: Oct 24, 2022
Processes, and analyzes biological specimens according to defined procedures using independent judgment, effectively integrating the pre-analytic, analytic and post-analytic components in the process. Follows established protocol for quality assurance and quality improvement. Recognizes problems and actively participates in problem resolution. May supervise co-workers and evaluate technical staff competencies.
- Must satisfy one of the education and training pathways for Clinical Laboratory Technologist as outlined in the NYS Education Law through either the standard pathway or one of the special provision pathways
- Current licensure in New York State as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist or
- Verification of pending application to NYS as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist and a Limited Permit to Practice Clinical Laboratory Technology (Note: Application of Limited Permit to NYS Ed occurs once individual is hired into the position)
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Certification in a national accrediting agency preferred.
HealthAlliance Hospital - Mary's Avenue Campus
HealthAlliance of the Hudson Valley operates a 315-bed healthcare system comprising HealthAlliance Hospital: Mary’s Avenue Campus and HealthAlliance Hospital: Broadway Campus in Kingston, NY, and Margaretville Hospital in Margaretville, NY. It also operates Mountainside Residential Care Center, an 82-bed facility in Margaretville. As Ulster County’s largest employer, HealthAlliance is committed to attracting the best-qualified medical and support staff; providing outstanding, responsive, coordinated, compassionate patient- and family-centered care; excelling in clinical outcomes and patient experiences; and ensuring patient rights, privacy and respect are honored at all times, while improving the overall health and well-being of the diverse communities it serves.