Job Title: Clinical Nurse Coordinator
Company: St Anthony Community Hospital
City/State: Warwick, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Department: Operating Room
Position: Part Time
Req #: 5493
Posted Date: Mar 13, 2023
The Perioperative Coordinator, RN is responsible for coordinating the daily operations and activities of professional nursing and nursing support staff of the Operating Room (OR), PACU, Endoscopy, and Central Sterile Departments. This position directs the utilization of resources (people, financial, material and equipment) to ensure efficient operations of the surgical services areas. Additionally, the Perioperative Coordinator oversees the successful delivery of quality patient care, service excellence and patient experience.
- Directs and coordinates the operation of the OR, PACU, Endoscopy and Central Supply assuring maximum utilization of available resources.
- Provides direct individualized patient care at an experienced clinical nurse level as required.
- Collaborates with Nurse Manager when necessary to oversee OR schedule and staffing to meet physician, patients, and departmental needs.
- Oversees order and procurement of materials and equipment needed for surgical services.
- Monitors budgetary performance and volumes within budgetary guidelines.
- Participates in capital purchase recommendations in conjunction with the Nurse Manager and Physician.
- Provides in-service education on new equipment and processes, and provides staff assistance with technical issues, as needed.
- Serves as resource and positive role model/mentor to all staff.
- Partners with the Nurse Manager and Nurse Educator to ensure appropriate orientation goals and competencies are met.
- Participates in the development, interpretation, communication and implementation of new standards, policies, procedures, and processes.
- Participates in the development and implementation of performance improvement initiatives.
- Works in partnership with Nurse Manager to provide updates at Department of Surgery Committee, and other committee meetings as needed including monitoring surgical stats and volumes.
- Acts as a liaison between Peri-Op and other stakeholders (i.e. nursing, laboratory, imaging, etc.).
- Uses expertise to raise the level of competency of the team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
A minimum of three years’ experience in Operating Room setting utilizing leadership skills required.
Graduation from an approved School of Nursing, BSN required; MSN preferred.
Licenses / Certifications:
Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in New York State; BLS and ACLS certifications.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
St Anthony Community Hospital
For over 75 years, St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY, has been serving the residents of Orange County, NY, and New Jersey’s Sussex and Passaic counties with outstanding and compassionate care. The 60-bed hospital has been a primary resource for emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services. Also on campus is the Mount Alverno Center, a state-approved adult home with an assisted-living program serving 85 residents, and Schervier Pavilion, a 120-bed skilled-nursing facility dedicated to the highest standard of healthcare excellence.