Job Title: CNA 8/10 Hour
Company: Mountainside Residential Care Center
City/State: Margaretville, NY
Category: Nursing Support
Department: Skilled Nursing
Union Name: UFCW
Position: Full Time
Req #: 31752
Posted Date: Sep 13, 2022
The primary purpose of your job position is to provide each of your assigned residents with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the resident's assessment and care plan, and as may be directed by your supervisors. Job
Administrative Duties and Daily Functions
- Provide care to residents per the care plan and all assigned tasks as instructed.
- Reports all changes in a resident’s condition (skin condition changes, complaints, poor intake, accidents & incidents) to the LPN/RN as soon as possible.
- Completes work timely.
- Follows all policies and procedures applicable to MRCC.
- Documents all actions before leaving shift.
- Gives report to immediate supervisor prior to leaving unit.
- Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the unity and shift.
- Cooperate with interdepartmental personnel.
- Keeps working areas and resident rooms clean and clutter-free.
- Provides care in accordance with internal policies, and governing laws and regulations. Reports variances to LPNs/RNs/DON.
- Notifies LPN/RN according to policy.
- Ensures that resident care plan is followed.
- Effectively communicates the plan of care.
- Ensures accuracy of careplan and kardex and notifies LPN/RN when changes are required.
- Ensures appropriate and ongoing communication to the resident, family, staff, MD, IDT, etc.
- Uses communication to enhance quality of resident care and staff working environment.
- Promotes an environment of learning.
- Attends mandatory inservices and meets minimum continuing education requirements.
- Promotes a positive, friendly work environment.
- Uses equipment after training appropriately.
- Constantly strives to enhance the resident and staff experience.
- Follows MRCC policies and procedures, including HIPAA.
- Immediately reports unusual problem/accident/incident regarding resident care to RN/House Supervisor.
- Is compliant with standards and regulations.
- Reports potential outbreaks and takes appropriate measures to control/ eliminate infection control exposures.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and be enthusiastic.
- Must work harmoniously with others.
- Seeks out new methods and principles to incorporate into the nursing practice.
- Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment.
- Promotes teamwork and collaboration among Mountainside staff members.
- Encouraged to pursue ongoing education.
- GED or High School Diploma preferred,
- NYS CNA
- CNA in NYS
Mountainside Residential Care Center
Join the team at Mountainside Residential Care Center, our award-winning 82-bed enhanced care facility. We have received a 5-Star rating from Medicare’s “Nursing Home Compare” and 5-star ratings in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Nursing Homes 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 issues. Not only is Mountainside Residential Care Center rated as one of the top nursing homes nationwide for providing excellence in care — we are also setting the pace for outstanding care and quality services.