Job Title: CNA Trainee
Company: Schervier Pavilion
City/State: Warwick, NY
Category: Nursing Support
Department: Subacute Admin2
Position: Full Time
Req #: 3626
Posted Date: Jul 25, 2022
The nurse aide trainee (NAT) receives supervised clinical training under the direct supervision of the Clinical Supervisor during the Nurse Aide Training Program. NAT’s applies and demonstrates all knowledge and skills learned in the Nurse Aide Training Program given by Schervier Pavilion and as directed and supervised by the Nurse Aide Training Program Coordinator/Primary Instructor Trainee Supervisor. Assumes specific duties involving direct resident care upon successful redemonstration of required skills as taught and supervised by the Trainee Supervisor/ Primary Instructor in the classroom setting.
- Responsible for providing direct care to residents to include, but not limited to, feeding, assisting with meals, bathing, dressing, toileting, positioning in bed, transferring from bed or chair, assisting with walking and resident equipment such as cane, wheelchair, walker. Documents care provided in PCC;
- Weighs resident and records in PCC;
- Takes and records vital signs, measures and records intake and output in PCC;
- Adheres to safety and infection control precautions;
- Communicates with residents, families and other health professionals in a courteous professional manner;
- Instructed in and adheres to Resident Rights and the Abuse, Neglect, Mistreatment or Misappropriation of Resident Property Policy of the facility;
- Human Resources will run State required criminal history background. The results will be placed in the employee personnel file.
- Shall actively participate in 50 hours of classroom work, 20 hours of lab and 30 hours of supervised clinical training with residents at the facility
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
No previous experience required. Home Health Aide, Personal Care Aide or related experience desirable.
High School graduate or Equivalent.
New York State C.N.A. Certification upon completion of requirements. The nurse aide trainee must test within 10 days of successful program completion;
The individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use of personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
At Schervier Pavilion, our goal is to help each resident maintain the highest level of daily independence possible. Located on a 27-acre campus that includes Mount Alverno Center, an adult home and assisted living residence and St. Anthony Community Hospital, Schervier Pavilion residents have access to a complete continuum of care.