Job Title: Concierge
Company: HealthAlliance Hospital
City/State: Kingston, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Department: Service Excellence and Engagement
Position: Full Time
Hours: Rotating 7days; 11am-11pm
Shift: Day - 12 hour Shift
Req #: 37149
Posted Date: Sep 29, 2023
Hiring Range: $17.55/hr - $22.06/hr
Concierge Team is responsible for achieving and maintaining a high level of internal and external customer satisfaction. This position will safely and efficiently carry out Concierge & Patient Experience tasks in compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Utilize Fast Pass technology to screen and assign badges to visitors.
- Utilize Green Security technology to screen and assign badges to vendors.
- Serve as a resource providing patients & visitors wayfinding support.
- Communicate cooperatively and constructively with patients, area supervisors, families, administration and other clinical and non-clinical departments.
- Appropriately communicate the arrival of visitors from the Media, Agencies and Organizations following established policy & procedures.
- Manage negative patient experiences in real time; escalating complaints/grievances to Patient Experience Leadership when applicable.
- Assist Patients/Visitors with record requests.
- Partner with Security team to help ensure the safety of all patients & visitors.
- Maintain knowledge of code calling and response.
- Identify obstacles and share suggestions with leadership on regular basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist patients and visitors with navigation/way-finding throughout Broadway campus.
- Appropriately confirms outpatient appointments and informs respective department upon arrival.
- Appropriately utilizes tracking system to request patient transport for patients and/or visitors needing wheelchair assistance. If Patient Transport is not available, transports patient to/from department.
- Assist with parking validation when needed.
- Appropriately follow visitation policy & procedures in accordance with NYS DOH requirements (face masks & outpatient appointments).
- Upon Charge Nurse approval, bring patient and visitor(s) from waiting room to assigned ED Treatment room.
- Conduct routine lobby rounding and ensure patients are made aware of expected wait times (utilizing paragon bed board & computer on wheels).
- Utilizing radio with earpiece, communicate real time information to Emergency Department Charge Nurse regarding patient inquires.
- Appropriately escalate patient complaints to ED Navigator for support.
- Appropriately follow visitation policy & procedures in accordance with NYS DOH requirements, escalating any emergency department extenuation circumstances to Patient Experience Leadership.
- Properly identify patient’s belongings, record belongings and communicates with the distribution team.
- Health Care or related customer service experience preferred.
- High School Degree or equivalent.
Licenses / Certifications:
- Must have excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team player with cross-functional ability
- Capable of working independently
- Selected computer skills
Benefits:We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Saving Account
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement