Job Title: Concierge Services Specialist
Company: Bon Secours Community Hospital
City/State: Port Jervis, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Department: Concierge Services
Position: Part Time
Hours: m-f 10-3
Req #: 21433
Posted Date: Nov 12, 2020
The Concierge Services Specialist is responsible for scheduling noninvasive appointments requested by physician offices and by patients who are in need of outpatient testing. In addition, this position provides excellent customer service and adheres to the performance measures established for the call center. This position coordinates department schedules and arranges all patient appointments appropriately.
- Schedules invasive/non-invasive outpatient procedures for the using the Connect Care Cadence scheduling system.
- Collects data needed for registration to ensure accuracy and completeness for the patients’ record.
- Communicates all relevant information to the patient about their appointment including prep, registration, arrival times, and location.
- Transcribes and interprets physician and incoming orders with utmost accuracy.
- Maintains waitlist and schedules the patients appropriately.
- Attends on-going system training and participates in departmental in-services to increase knowledge of procedures, resources, and processes.
- Manages designated work queues and maintains quality assurance by initiating process improvements as necessary.
- Intercepts calls when needed for appropriate resolutions in a professional and timely manner.
- Communicates cooperatively and constructively with patients, area supervisors, families, co-workers, administration, other clinical departments, providers, community agencies, referral sources and other health team members.
- Serves as a liaison between the physician office, patient and the department or registration team when applicable.
- Performs any necessary follow-up to ensure positive patient/physician experience.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements:
Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in scheduling and authorization.
Associate’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Licenses / Certifications:
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control. Must possess a working knowledge of common healthcare concepts, practices, procedures and medical terminology. Intermediate level of computer knowledge necessary to operate multiple software systems. Developed written and oral communication skills required. Knowledge of insurance pre-certification requirements, ICD 10.