Job Title: Coord, Infection Control
Company: MidHudson Valley Staffco, LLC
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Department: Nursing Admin
Position: Per Diem
Shift: All Shifts
Req #: 21260
Posted Date: Nov 18, 2020
Under the guidance of the Director of Education, is responsible for an infection prevention and control program which includes: surveillance, investigation, analysis of outbreaks, consultation, development of policies and procedures, education and communication. Coordinates mandatory reporting activities required by state and county health departments.
- Minimum of three years nursing experience
- Baccalaureate in Nursing from an accredited nursing program, preferred.
- Basic Infection Control Course within six months of hire, if needed.
- Current license to practice nursing in New York State.
- Infection Control Certification as soon as allowed, if not certified on being hired.
- Basic Life Support Certification.
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Member of Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. within 3 months of employment.