Job Title: Coord, Mental Health
Company: MidHudson Regional Hospital
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Department: Mental Health
Position: Full Time
Shift: All Shifts
Req #: 29922
Posted Date: Apr 15, 2022
The Coordinator is a clinical expert who acts as a liaison between staff and management providing clinical direction and coordination of patient care and quality improvement activities and opportunities for staff development.
- RN with minimum 3 years full time work in Behavioral Health. Experience as a 1st level manager preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Current NYS license. BLS and ACLS
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Knowledge and understanding of principals of asepsis, chemistry, biology, Leadership qualities, the ability to work independently, demonstrates effective communication and organizational skills. Able to assume total accountability/responsibility of the Mental Health Department in the absence of the Nurse Manager.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley’s most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area’s only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.