Job Title: Coord, Path Trans Services
Company: MidHudson Valley Staffco, LLC
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Laboratory Central
Position: Full Time
Hours: M-F 8A to 4P
Req #: 22383
Posted Date: Mar 02, 2021
Responsible for the daily clerical operation of the Pathology Department. Performs medial transcription in the specialty of anatomic pathology and provides clerical and support duties for pathology staff, laboratory Administrative and Medical Directors and Section Supervisors.
- 1-2 years experience in medical transcription and medical terminology.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Medical transcription experience acquired in high school, post-high school or informal setting; (e.g., on-the-job training).
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Must be able to demonstrate the following qualities: Flexibility, teamwork, attention to detail, ability to communicate effectively by phone, ability to work independently, ability to work under pressure with time constraints, excellent listening skills, excellent keyboarding and computer operation.
- Minimum line count of 135 lines per hour (typing level of 40 works per minute).