Job Title: Coordinator
Company: Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
City/State: Suffern, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Department: Rhva - Shih
Position: Part Time
Req #: 3353
Posted Date: Jun 01, 2022
The Coordinator develops and organizes the daily operations of the medical staff office to contribute to meeting the mission and goals of the hospital, health system, as well as the requirements of the medical staff bylaws, Joint Commission and other applicable federal, state and local regulatory and/or accrediting agencies
- Coordinates medical staff activities and acts as a liaison between the medical staff, nursing staff and administration to ensure that the administrative responsibilities of the medical staff are met.
- Coordinates and provides administrative support to the medical staff initial credentialing/re-credentialing and privilege delineation activities in accordance with the medical staff policies, bylaws, and rules and regulations to ensure that only qualified practitioners provide care at this hospital.
- Provides technical and administrative support to the medical staff committees, department sections and meetings as assigned. This includes, but is not limited to agendas, minutes, credentialing reports etc.
- Maintains a current and accurate medical staff roster utilizing the Cactus database system.
- Distributes medical staff information and delineation of privileges as necessary to the general medical staff and hospital departments. Monitors on-going database activities which include expiration of privileges, licensure, malpractice, health and other regulation requirements.
- Manages the medical staff finances.
- Coordinates paperwork for Malpractice Insurance for employed providers Monitors and coordinates focused and ongoing professional practice evaluations Assists and supports all credentialing activities system-wide as directed by the system manager of medical staff services.
- Maintains a master copy and knowledge of the medical staff bylaws and rules and regulations.
- Maintains knowledge of current Joint Commission standards and state and federal requirements.
- Provides assistance to the Medical Staff Office in the Bon Secours Charity Health System as requested by the System Director.
Minimum of 2 years credentialing experience excellent database management skills Proficient in Microsoft Office/Excel Knowledge of Medical Terminology Cactus Credentialing Software experience desired. Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) a plus.
High School Diploma.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group, part of Bon Secours Charity Health Systems (BSCHS), a regional network of more than 120 primary care physicians and specialists from a broad array of medical specialties. BSCHS, a member of WMCHealth Network, includes Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY and St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY.