Job Title: Coordinator
Company: Bon Secours Community Hospital
City/State: Port Jervis, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Department: Coordination Of Care Departmnt
Position: Full Time
Req #: 506
Posted Date: Jun 04, 2021
The Coordinator will assist in procuring payment for our market actively scheduling, pre-registering and obtaining authorization for all outpatient services for Bon Secours, Good Samaritan and St Anthony Hospitals. This will be performed while overseeing daily functions of the department. Through multiple processes and use of multiple programs the coordinator will educate staff on department flows, processes and function while engaging staff in a positive manner.
- In the event Management is not on site, the Coordinator will cover the department
- Fluctuate hours based on staffing compliments
- Train new staff
- Follow up and resolve denials for any modality
- Authorization for primary modality in pursuit of payment and avoiding denials
- In the event of staff shortage, will cover for both authorization and scheduling staff.
- Manage designated work queues and maintain quality assurance
- Assist in Reading and interpretation of physician orders
- Transcribe orders
- Index all incoming orders and clinical information with utmost accuracy
- Accurately schedules all outpatient invasive, non-invasive and interventional case types
- Assists interdepartmental training programs and meetings
- Assist with process improvements
- Intercept calls when needed for appropriate resolutions in a professional manner
- Liaison between front line registration, ancillary departments, patients, staff, physicians, communities and management
- Maintain all department and Radiologist schedules within connect care templates
- Ensures correct insurance is loaded into the system by staff utilizing Work queues
- Interviews patients for upcoming outpatient services within the System.
- Complete registrations to assist in a speedy check-in process for front line registration areas
- Completes and assist with scheduling patients from the scheduled orders report
- Validates medical necessity through orders or clinical documentation
- Attend ongoing training
- Adhere to system policies
- Act as role model through actions, accountability and presence
- Approachable compassionate and treat all with dignity and respect
- Manage time appropriately
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Requires 3-5 years of extensive experience in scheduling and pre-authorization. Knowledge of insurance requirements, plans, pre-certification requirements and contract benefits, for all modalities to include the intricacies of infusion, wound, rad Oncology, rehab, surgery, sleep, and interventional. Must be able to maintain a primary role while multi-tasking and assisting staff. Understands the authorization process and applications ICD 10 and CPT codes. Supervisory or lead experience. Experience in working with denials and billing functions. Possess an understanding of Medical terminology for purpose of interpretation and validation. Interpretation of physician orders and clinical documentation. Must possess a working clinical knowledge of commonly used healthcare concepts, practices, and procedures with particular emphasis on Outpatient Services. Ability to work under considerable stress while maintaining tact and diplomacy. Requires experience in utilization of skills specifically related to conflict management. Intermediate Computer skills. Developed written and oral communication skills assessing and solving issues by escalation or de-escalation, serving a large demographic area.
Requires Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Community Hospital
For nearly a century, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY, has served the residents of western Orange County, NY, Pike County, PA, and northern Sussex County, NJ, as the area’s premier healthcare provider. The hospital serves its community with 122 beds for acute care and medical-surgical services, a 24-hour emergency department, long-term care and rehabilitation, a dedicated bariatric surgery unit, behavioral health, and outpatient services.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Bon Secours Community Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.