Job Title: CT Tech
Company: HealthAlliance Hospital
City/State: Kingston, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: CAT Scan
Position: Per Diem
Shift: All Shifts
Req #: 35466
Posted Date: May 30, 2023
Hiring Range: $41.65-$52.36/Hr
Performs a variety of special procedures, interventional procedures and other technical examinations that require independent judgement with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for diagnostic purpose, in accordance with the standard of practice and the code of ethics of Radiologic Technologists.
- Patient Care – Provides high quality examinations in diagnostic radiography, in special procedures and interventional procedures. Practices the code of ethics of Radiology Technology.
- Prepares special procedure tray utilizing sterile technique and preventing cross-contamination. Assists Interventionalist M.D. by "scrubbing in" during the procedure. Assists the Radiology R.N. as needed for the monitoring of vital signs.
- Assess and maintains knowledge of the patient’s condition and responds to changes appropriately.
- Communication – Interacts with attending physicians, Radiology R.N., and Radiologists to provide quality patient care, using all pertinent clinical data (i.e., history prior exams). Refers any unusual finding to the Radiologist for evaluation, action and/or follow-up.
- Promotes open/direct communication with staff, patients, family or significant others.
- Maintains an orderly and safe patient environment. Inventories and restocks supplies as necessary. Participates in the annual physical inventory of special procedure supplies.
- Documentation – Completes all exam documentation (i.e. film marking, patient I.D.) and patient care and equipment records. Performs clerical duties related to the completion of the exam as directed. Ensures accurate patient records in PACS.
- CQI – To support and participate in the continuous assessment and improvement of the quality of care and services provided.
- Teaching – Participates in the education of departmental and institutional personnel in the field of Cat Scan.
- High School graduate or equivalent required. Graduate of an AMA certified Radiologic Technologist Program.
- Two years Radiology experience preferred. One year experience in interventional procedures preferred.
- Special training in Biopsy/Interventional procedures.
- Registered by the A.R.R.T. preferred. Valid New York State Radiographic license from the Department of Health.
- Cross training in other modalities of Diagnostic Imaging, based on the department needs and job qualifications.
- Advanced CT certification preferred.