Job Title: Customer Service Rep I
Company: MidHudson Regional Hospital
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Department: Radiology Diagnostic
Position: Full Time
Req #: 31666
Posted Date: Sep 07, 2022
Performs task and maintenance on PACS/RIS/Scheduling/Invision systems according to department policies. Acts as a receptionist and performs a wide variety of secretarial duties. Coordinates and performs scheduling, pre-registration, registration and order entry for the Radiology Department and other outpatient departments as needed.Is required to work weekends, holidays and change hours upon request.
- One or more years experience working in a Health Care setting or related schooling with demonstrated competencies of computer skills and general office skills.
- High school graduate.
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- The ability to effectively deal with patients, visitors and employees in difficult situations with demonstrated courtesy, respect and professionalism.
- Effective communication skills, the ability to provide positive customer service and possess demonstrated ability to function as a Health Care team member.
- Basic understanding of ICD9 coding and/or insurance authorizations.
- Weekend, holiday and evening rotation required.
- Meets all requirements established by Employee Health.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley’s most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area’s only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.