Job Title: Data Manager
Company: WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Department: Mental Health
Position: Part Time
Hours: M-F hours variable
Req #: 37613
Posted Date: Nov 15, 2023
Hiring Range: $17.91-$20.60
The Data Manager for WMCHealth’s division of Addiction Treatment Services organizes and administers processes for the collection, compilation, analysis and reporting of information related to patients receiving services in the division’s programs, including demographic, treatment, service usage, and financial information. Analysis and reports issued by the Data Manager may be necessary to comply with the reporting requirements of government or private grants, regulatory agencies, or for general management purposes, as assigned, but in all cases shall be administered in strict adherence to laws, regulation and policies governing patient privacy. The Data Manager reports to the Director, Network Addiction Treatment Services, or his or her designee.
- Determines data that needs to be collected and resources to be used.
- Organizes, implements and enforces correct data collection policies and procedures.
- Trains employees on proper data collection methods, tools and equipment.
- Establishes data collection quality standards and ensures they are met.
- Manages contracts with all software vendors associated with data collection and management.
- Ensures that software functions properly at all times and data management system is operating correctly.
- Troubleshoots for solutions in all data-related problem areas.
- Makes sure all software updates are installed and implemented and staff is trained on proper application.
- Documents procedures for data management processes.
- Develops methodologies for data collection and evaluation relevant to each project.
- Performs analysis to determine adequacy of data collection and evaluation processes.
- Ensures data management system is compliant with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Evaluates data management system to improve operational procedures.
- Prepares regular reports to be distributed throughout various departments in the company.
- Develops special reports upon request.
- Performs presentations at meetings and conferences.
- Participates in regional, state and national meetings related to data management.
A minimum 1-3 years post-school work experience with direct responsibility for, and proven skill in, complex data management and analysis for a reputable program or organization, preferably in the health care industry. Candidates should also demonstrate some familiarity with web-based or stand-alone computerized data management applications.
Associate’s degree, required. Bachelor’s degree in data analysis or management, preferred.
Licenses / Certifications:
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
Benefits:We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Saving Account
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement