Job Title: Dialysis Technician
Company: HealthAlliance Hospital
City/State: Kingston, NY
Category: Nursing Support
Department: Dialysis-Hemo Outpatient
Union Name: 1199
Position: Per Diem
Shift: All Shifts
Req #: 32667
Posted Date: Dec 20, 2022
Hiring Range: $21.00/hr
*We have new rates!* To perform and deliver patient care activities and related non-professional services for the chronic hemodialysis patient under the direction of a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Initiates, monitors patient throughout treatment and terminates hemodialysis treatments.
- Ensures patient safety through recognition and appropriate response to emergency situations. Notifies RN immediately.
- Performs and documents ongoing care of the Dialysis patient. Participates in established patient care plans and ongoing educational needs.
- Participates in patient and/or family conferences and serves as patient advocate.
- Assists with data collection and monitoring for P.I.
- Provides feedback to the RN/LPN regarding observations of patient.
- Sees that cultural practices will be addressed and supported as long as such practices do not harm others or interfere with the planned course of medical treatment.
- Participates in all duties assigned to machine tech and PCT.
- Maintains a clean environment and adheres to infection control practices in the Dialysis unit.
- Acts as a preceptor to all new dialysis technicians.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Minimum – High School diploma
Prefer a minimum of 1 yr hospital or dialysis experience.
BLS certification, must obtain National Dialysis Technician certification with 18 months of hire.
Has successfully completed hospital basic clinical patient care technician program and probationary period as a hemodialysis machine technician. Demonstrates excellence in customer relations and interaction with patients with respect to therapeutic milieu, contributing to maintaining an environment that supports patient care.