Job Title: Dialysis Technician
Company: HealthAlliance Hospital
City/State: Kingston, NY
Category: Nursing Support
Department: Dialysis-Hemo Outpatient
Union Name: 1199
Position: Full Time
Shift: Day, Evening
Req #: 34718
Posted Date: Apr 07, 2023
To perform and deliver patient care activities and related non-professional services for the chronic hemodialysis patient under the direction of a Registered Professional Nurse. Job
- Initiates, monitors patient throughout treatment and terminates hemodialysis treatments.
- Ensures patient safety through recognition and appropriate response to emergency situations. Notifies RN immediately.
- Performs and documents ongoing care of the Dialysis patient. Participates in established patient care plans and ongoing educational needs.
- Participates in patient and/or family conferences and serves as patient advocate.
- Assists with data collection and monitoring for P.I.
- Provides feedback to the RN/ LPN regarding observations of patient.
- Sees that cultural practices will be addressed and supported as long as such practices do not harm others or interfere with the planned course of medical treatment.
- Participates in all duties assigned to machine tech and PCT.
- Maintains a clean environment and adheres to infection control practices in the Dialysis unit.
- Acts as a preceptor to all new dialysis technicians.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- Minimum – High School diploma
- Prefer a minimum of 1 yr hospital or dialysis experience.
- BLS certification, must obtain National Dialysis Technician certification with 18 months of hire.
Has successfully completed hospital basic clinical patient care technician program and probationary period as a hemodialysis machine technician. Demonstrates excellence in customer relations and interaction with patients with respect to therapeutic milieu, contributing to maintaining an environment that supports patient care.