Job Title: Dietary Aide
Company: Schervier Pavilion
City/State: Warwick, NY
Department: Subacute Dietary
Union Name: 1199W
Position: Per Diem
Hours: as needed shift 2
Shift: Per Diem
Req #: 7078
Posted Date: Aug 24, 2023
Hiring Range: $18.50
The Dietary Aide is responsible to prepare and serve food to patients and/or residents at our facilities.
• Fills and sets up dish machine.
• Delivers and organizes floor stocks.
• Dishes out desserts, salads, and nourishments.
• Sets up tray line with necessary dishes, utensils, and supplies.
• Takes and records dishwasher and refrigerator temperatures, and reports deficiencies as needed.
• Picks up trays and tray carts from units, brings to dish room and dismantles. • Sanitizes dishes and silverware utilizing dishwasher.
• Cleans and sanitizes all food servicing carts.
• Cleans entire dish room.
• Inventories level of dishes and silver, and replaces as necessary.
• Follows sanitary standards per state, federal, and JCAHO standards.
• Reports customer complaints to supervisor.
• Improves performance based on results obtained from QI activities.
• Adjusts to changing situations and work assignments.
• Conserves supplies and resources.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Experience:Prior food services experience preferred.
Education:A high school diploma or GED equivalent is preferred
Licenses / Certifications:N/A
Other:The individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials.
At Schervier Pavilion, our goal is to help each resident maintain the highest level of daily independence possible. Located on a 27-acre campus that includes St. Anthony Community Hospital, Schervier Pavilion residents have access to a complete continuum of care.