Job Title: Director, Addiction Services
Company: MidHudson Regional Hospital
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Department: Chemical Depend Svc
Position: Full Time
Hours: M-F 8:30-4:30pm
Shift: All Shifts
Req #: 25486
Posted Date: Jun 17, 2021
The Director of Chemical Dependency at MHRH is responsible for directing the administrative and clinical functions of the Detox & Rehabilitation Departments and related programs. This individual establishes collaborative working relationships with physician and nursing staff and other health care administrators to develop and implement programs for Behavioral Health Services. In addition, the Sr. Director of Chemical Dependency develops and allocates capital and operational budgets for assigned areas and initiates and supports department and center wide quality improvement initiatives. The position has responsibility for the following departments: Adult Inpatient Detox Unit (10 bed Detox Unit) and Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit (50-bed, Inpatient Rehabilitation).
- Minimum seven to ten years of progressive experience in hospital administration, including five years in behavioral health services administration, preferably, in a medical center
- Expertise standards of care for behavioral health setting, including inpatient, outpatient and community treatment centers, substance abuse/ rehabilitation
- Knowledge of the DNV Accreditation of Health Care Organizations, and the NYS-OMH, OASAS, JC, and CARF.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Nursing, Health Services or a related field required.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Hospital/Health Services Administration, Nursing Administration, or a related field preferred
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley’s most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area’s only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.