Job Title: Director, Nursing
Company: Bon Secours Community Hospital
City/State: Port Jervis, NY
Category: Nursing Support
Position: Full Time
Req #: 112
Posted Date: Apr 08, 2021
The Director of Nursing assumes authority, responsibility, and accountability for the delivery of nursing services in the facility in accordance with OBRA, OSHA, HIPAA, QA procedures to meet current objectives and State Federal Standards.
- Plans, organizes, directs and evaluates the services provided by the Nursing Department including specific programs/services.
- Develops departmental goals, objectives, standards of performance and policies and procedures.
- Organizes the Nursing Department in accordance with Administrative guidelines.
- In collaboration with facility Administration, allocates department resources in an efficient and economic manner to enable each resident to attain or maintain the highest practical physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being.
- Collaborates with other departments, medical professionals, consultants, and organizations, including government agencies and advocacy groups, to develop, support and coordinate resident care, related administrative functions, and to represent the interests of the facility.
- Directs QAPI program for the Nursing Department, in conjunction with facilities Quality Nurse
- Monitor care activities and documentation to ensure the delivery of nursing care according to the physician’s orders, care plans, and established standards and facility policies.
- Assure residents of a comfortable, clean, orderly and safe environment.
- Assure proper handling and emergency care of residents, personnel, and visitors while on the job or in the building.
- Assist in development of Patient Care Plans for individual residents including rehabilitative and restorative activities.
- Ensure medication administration is as ordered in accordance with nursing standards and facility policies.
- Identifies areas of personal growth to update both clinical and management skills.
- May require weekends and holidays according to facility need.
RN Licensed by New York State. Prior DON experience preferred. Minimum of four years Long Term Care experience with strong knowledge of NYS regulation. Minimum of three years in Nursing Administration. Knowledge of long term care management, policies, regulations. Excellent assessments skills. Care plan knowledge. Knowledge of State and Federal Rules and Regulation, CPR certification, IV certification. MDS Coordinator experiences preferred.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Community Hospital
For nearly a century, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY, has served the residents of western Orange County, NY, Pike County, PA, and northern Sussex County, NJ, as the area’s premier healthcare provider. The hospital serves its community with 122 beds for acute care and medical-surgical services, a 24-hour emergency department, long-term care and rehabilitation, a dedicated bariatric surgery unit, behavioral health, and outpatient services.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Bon Secours Community Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.