Job Title: Director, Nursing Education
Company: Westchester Medical Center
City/State: Valhalla, NY
Department: Nursing In-Service Support
Position: Full Time
Hours: 5 days/7 Hours
Req #: 21829
Posted Date: Jan 12, 2021
Summary;Under general supervision, an incumbent of this position is responsible for planning, organizing and directing training and education programs for all levels of nursing staff at Westchester Medical Center. Incumbent coordinates the implementation of nursing policies and procedures, established qualifications and training for all levels of nursing staff, establishes institutional standards and evaluates nursing education practices, and develops a system of recording to ensure compliance with accreditation and regulatory standards. Supervision is exercised over instructional personnel and support staff. Does related work as required.
- Plans, organizes and supervises a comprehensive nursing education program at Westchester Medical Center;
- Participates in evaluating nursing education practices and in establishing institutional standards of practice for all aspects of nursing education in compliance with New York State Education Department professional standards and regulatory requirements;
- Develops course content and curriculum, coordinates clinical and academic instruction, and provides guidance as required;
- Directs the maintenance of a comprehensive record system of reporting, including type of instruction and clinical experience, in accordance with applicable regulations;
- Participates in programs promoting and publicizing nursing education programs to encourage enrollment;
- Coordinates clinical nursing programs with specific hospital units to ensure their needs are met;
- Assists in the development of nursing in-service and monitors progress to ensure quality education is provided and maintained.