Job Title: Director, Pastoral Care LTC
Company: Schervier Pavilion
City/State: Warwick, NY
Department: Subacute Pastoral Care
Position: Full Time
Hours: 8a - 4p
Req #: 3438
Posted Date: Jun 14, 2022
The Director of Pastoral Care is responsible for managing the Pastoral Care Department. S/he oversees and ensures the provision of pastoral care to patients, their loved ones, and healthcare staff. S/he communicates and provides liaison with the religious communities. S/he participates in the institution’s management structure at Bon Secours Charity Health System.
- Ensures the delivery of a complete program of pastoral care to patients, their loved ones, and healthcare staff of all faith traditions.
- Supervises and facilitates the work of those delivering pastoral care, including employees of the institution and Chaplains and Volunteers/Eucharistic Ministers of the Pastoral Care Department.
- Supports an interdisciplinary approach to pastoral care.
- Oversees the use and maintenance of the Pastoral Care offices and Chapel.
- Develops and maintains administration procedures for the Pastoral Care Department in accordance with institutional policy.
- Participates in programs and administrative activities of the institution relevant to Pastoral Care services.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served: neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatrics.
- Assesses data reflective of the patient’s status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides overnight on-call as additional support to on-call chaplains.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Broad understanding of the Catholic tradition, the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care, Catholic Social Teachings, knowledge and understanding of other faiths and traditions. Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a faith-based administrative managerial role. Certification by an appropriate clinical pastoral agency, NACC preferred.
EDUCATION: Master’s Degree in divinity, theology, spirituality, ethics or related field of ministry.
OTHER: The individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials.
At Schervier Pavilion, our goal is to help each resident maintain the highest level of daily independence possible. Located on a 27-acre campus that includes Mount Alverno Center, an adult home and assisted living residence and St. Anthony Community Hospital, Schervier Pavilion residents have access to a complete continuum of care.