Job Title: DireCTor (RN)
Company: St Anthony Community Hospital
City/State: Warwick, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Department: Operating Room
Position: Full Time
Req #: 6212
Posted Date: May 02, 2023
The Orange County Director (RN) of Perioperative Services is responsible for the coordination and direction of the Pre-Admission Testing, Same Day Surgery, Operating Room, PACU, Endoscopy, and Central Sterile Department in the delivery of nursing care services related to the perioperative adult, older adult, and pediatric patients. In addition, this position directs the utilization of resources (people, financial, material and equipment) to meet the established goals and objectives of the system Perioperative Services.
· Develops and recommends short and long-term goals for surgical services and formulates a plan of resources and timelines to achieve goals.
· Manages, directs and coordinates the operation of the department assuring maximum utilization of available resources.
· Interviews, hires, and trains departmental personnel while ensuring annual educational and competency requirements are met.
· Develops overall staffing patterns for the department according to benchmarks and environmental factors.
· Distributes interdepartmental and intradepartmental communications.
· Participates, coordinates, and reports out on performance improvement activities.
· Develops various departmental and system reports as requested.
· Ensures high quality services by working with physician specialists including surgeons, anesthesiologists, cardiologists, gastroenterologists, and pulmonologists.
· Investigates and studies trends and developments in the department practices and techniques and develops new procedures to reflect applicable advances in the field.
· Evaluates and makes recommendations for capital purchases of operating room equipment in conjunction with physicians' input.
· Prepares project scope, financial forecast, volume projections and capital expenses for any new project within the hospital or system.
· Markets and develops strategies to improve volume and increase business.
· Provides information and input to formulate recommendations into the development of patient charges and perioperative services.
· Serves as an administrative resource person for specific projects and demographic data necessary to prepare for the Senior System Director, VP Hospital Administrator and CNO special projects, etc.
· Establishes departmental objectives and annual budget in collaboration with physicians, the Senior System Director, VP/Hospital Administrator, and Fiscal Services staff.
· Reviews objectives monthly to ensure attainment and justifies expenditures.
· Completes budget variance reports and delineates reasons for variances.
· Assumes Administrator on Call (AOC) duties as assigned.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience: 5-7 years of recent leadership experience within Perioperative services emphasizing planning and directing required. 3- 5 years of Operating room experience required. Previous experience in a large complex surgical dealing with activities of a complex nature that include developing budget, monitoring goals, and supervising a large number of technical, clinical and clerical employees.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required. Master's degree in nursing, business management, healthcare administration or equivalent is preferred.
Licenses / Certifications: Must be a Registered Nurse licensed to practice in New York State.
St Anthony Community Hospital
For over 75 years, St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY, has been serving the residents of Orange County, NY, and New Jersey’s Sussex and Passaic counties with outstanding and compassionate care. The 60-bed hospital has been a primary resource for emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services. Also on campus is the Mount Alverno Center, a state-approved adult home with an assisted-living program serving 85 residents, and Schervier Pavilion, a 120-bed skilled-nursing facility dedicated to the highest standard of healthcare excellence.