Job Title: Director Security
Company: HealthAlliance Hospital - Mary's Avenue Campus
City/State: Kingston, NY
Position: Full Time
Hours: m-f 8X4
Req #: 27565
Posted Date: Nov 11, 2021
The System Director of Security for HAHV Health System plans, directs and coordinates activities relating to the protection, safeguarding and security of hospital and facilities assets, staff, patients and visitors. The Director is responsible for development, implementation, coordination and assessment of security and security related interdisciplinary policy, operations, training and exercises. The position is also responsible for telecommunications, courier, parking, heliport, morgue operations, regulatory compliance, budget, and security technical systems management across a WMC subsidiary system comprising two hospitals and affiliated medical practices and offices. This position also requires investigative acumen, project management, and multi-disciplinary committee engagement. The System Director of Security develops and maintains liaison with outside agencies to protect the organization and facilitate cooperation across campuses. Position Requirements
- Associates degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Demonstrated long term experience in safety and security field for a public law enforcement agency or private security company.
- Command or Executive experience in a public law enforcement agency or private security company.
- Comprehensive knowledge of healthcare specific methods and techniques of safety and security, and the regulation rich healthcare environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in principles, practices and techniques of institutional and building safety and security to include an understanding of security technology systems.
- Maintains a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s License
HealthAlliance Hospital - Mary's Avenue Campus
HealthAlliance of the Hudson Valley operates a 315-bed healthcare system comprising HealthAlliance Hospital: Mary’s Avenue Campus and HealthAlliance Hospital: Broadway Campus in Kingston, NY, and Margaretville Hospital in Margaretville, NY. It also operates Mountainside Residential Care Center, an 82-bed facility in Margaretville. As Ulster County’s largest employer, HealthAlliance is committed to attracting the best-qualified medical and support staff; providing outstanding, responsive, coordinated, compassionate patient- and family-centered care; excelling in clinical outcomes and patient experiences; and ensuring patient rights, privacy and respect are honored at all times, while improving the overall health and well-being of the diverse communities it serves.