Job Title: Discharge Planner
Company: MidHudson Regional Hospital
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Case Management
Position: Full Time
Hours: M-F 9-5
Req #: 29875
Posted Date: Apr 15, 2022
The Social Work Discharge Planner has advanced knowledge and understanding of: mental health and substance abuse diagnoses; acute inpatient symptoms and interventions and the psychosocial impact of behavioral health on patients and families. The Social Work Discharge Planner will have the capacity to conduct case certifications and reviews to present rationale for level of care, LOS, interventions, discharge plans and the ability to deliver these functions for all payer sources. The Social Work Discharge Planner possesses excellent oral, written and computer skills and has a proven track record of functioning independently and demonstrated experience in conducting interviews and interventions with complex clients to obtain social and medical information necessary to determine, and drive, an appropriate discharge plan.
- 2 years post graduate experience in medical, mental health or human services setting as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Master-prepared professional from an accredited Graduate School
- LCSW, LMSW, or LMHC New York State license required.
- PRI Screen certification, preferred.
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Use computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing calendar, and email and database software in performing work assignments.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley’s most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area’s only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.