Job Title: Discharge Planner
Company: MidHudson Regional Hospital
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Case Management
Position: Full Time
Hours: 8:30am -5:00pm
Req #: 30413
Posted Date: May 31, 2022
The Social Work Discharge Planner has advanced knowledge and understanding of: mental health and substance abuse diagnoses; acute inpatient symptoms and interventions and the psychosocial impact of behavioral health on patients and families. The Social Work Discharge Planner will have the capacity to conduct case certifications and reviews to present rationale for level of care, LOS, interventions, discharge plans and the ability to deliver these functions for all payer sources. The Social Work Discharge Planner possesses excellent oral, written and computer skills and has a proven track record of functioning independently and demonstrated experience in conducting interviews and interventions with complex clients to obtain social and medical information necessary to determine, and drive, an appropriate discharge plan.
- Screen patient’s chart on admission, concurrently and/or retrospectively, using approved clinical guidelines in Utilization Management.
- Collaborates with the team members to ensure safe and timely care against clinical guidelines and best practices and ensures a safe and timely discharge.
- Represents the hospital on community committees; act as liaison and coordinator between the hospital and the community
- Participates and contributes in multi-disciplinary treatment team rounds in continually monitoring patient care assessments to ensure patient is moving towards desired outcomes.
- Assumes a pivotal role in the discharge planning process for all patients.
- Identifies potential discharge obstacles and brings them to the attention of the treatment team; offers possible solutions to discharge challenges.
- Confers with the treatment team members, if indicated to ensure the safe and timely care against clinical guidelines and best practices and ensures a safe and timely discharge.
- Completes PRI screens as indicated.
- Monitor the length of stay and resource consumption of patients
- Access protected health information (PHI) in accordance with departmental assignments and guidelines defining levels of access
- Supervision may be exercised over a small number of support staff.
- Knowledge of regulatory agency standards Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Office of Mental Health and Det Norske Veritas (DNV) standards
- Participates in continuing education.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
2 years post graduate experience in medical, mental health or human services setting as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
Master-prepared professional from an accredited Graduate School
LCSW, LMSW, or LMHC New York State license required. PRI Screen certification, preferred.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control. Use computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing calendar, and email and database software in performing work assignments.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley’s most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area’s only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.