Job Title: Early Childhood Teacher
Company: MidHudson Regional Hospital
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Position: Full Time
Hours: 8-4:30 M-F
Req #: 31939
Posted Date: Sep 12, 2022
Assist in planning and implementing treatment programs for preschool children and their families in the context of the preschool program.
Provision of Service
- Participates as a member of the classroom treatment team contributing information and ideas to plan developmentally age-appropriate activities, to reach desired IEP goals and kindergarten readiness with children. This may include: (planning projects, developing group activities, recording / tracking children’s skills, writing weekly lesson plans, preparing parent newsletter, inclusion programs)
- Demonstrates the necessary behavior management skills and knowledge to independently run diverse activities with individual children, small groups and the entire class.
- Actively engages and encourages children in develop-mentally appropriate activities throughout the day: Modeling play and daily activities. Talking with children. Encouraging and enhancing communication between children.
- Carefully following Program philosophy and Mission as guidance, modifies methods and integrates techniques, based on child’s progress and using developmentally appropriate interventions including: (adapting the physical environment, daily routine, adult/child interactions and child / child interaction.)
- Consistently utilizes non-contact time effectively to maintain the cleanliness and order of physical environment – (Clean toys regularly –enforces Toy Cleaning Policy, Clean tables / chairs, Organize and label shelves and materials, set up materials for planned activities –High Scope.)
- Models a variety of approved strategies to communicate with children including; body language, redirection, simple language, positive reinforcement, signs, pictures, hand- over -hand guidance.
- Attends all mandatory Program-wide meetings and regular team meetings regarding individual children and communicates observations regarding child’s daily program, interactions with other children and staff.
- Attends and contributes suggestions at monthly site meetings, preschool department meetings, in-service programs and parent / teacher conferences.
- Records data/progress of individual children using program standard materials. Participates in screening programs. Gathers information and tracks developmental skills of individual children on charts (fine motor, gross motor, self help, play skills, cognitive skills.) Completes kindergarten readiness checklists as they apply.
- Assists in organizing, copying and submitting documentation within established time frame. ( Classroom attendance, Monthly Service Sheets, Readiness Checklist, Progress notes)
- Actively participates in peer mentoring programs by orienting and guiding assigned clinical aides and early childhood teachers.
- Actively contributes to and participates in inservice programs includingcompletion of hospital mandated inservice programs. (Attach special form staff calendar of programs / workshops/conferences attended in current appraisal year – both in program and out of program) Workshops/In-services/Conferences: (Mid-Hudson Infant Toddler Coalition, Child Care Council of Dutchess County, MHTC Mid-Hudson Teacher Center)
- Completes special yearly-assigned assignments which assist in the management of the site might include: Attendance manager, enrichment activities for children, bus/safety, infection control implementation, site ordering.
Associates degree in Early Childhood or Bachelor’s degree in a related professional area.
Meets NYS Education Dept. for certification, NYS license in area as required including NYSED certification within 6 months of employment.
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Must demonstrate ability to complete job requirements with minimal supervision; must have own transportation to move from site to site to provide patient care.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley’s most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area’s only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.