Job Title: Early Childhood Teacher
Company: MidHudson Regional Hospital
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Department: Day Care-Martha Lawr
Position: Full Time
Req #: 35954
Posted Date: Jul 05, 2023
Hiring Range: $18.25-$22.95/Hr
Implements a learning environment incorporating a philosophy of Developmentally Appropriate Practice to assure children’s needs are met in a safe, stimulating and nurturing manner. Maintains as directed CPR, First Aid and MATS certifications. Meets the needs of individual children by planning and implementing development-ally appropriate practice as defined by Day Care philosophy and N.A.E.Y.C. guidelines by: Job
- Encourages social, emotional, cognitive and physical growth and development by maintaining a safe stimulating indoor and outdoor environment with special attention to room arrangement, activities, materials, and equipment including the outdoor and indoor environment assigned curriculum and thematic activities.
- Actively provides supportive care and guidance which is consistentlyresponsive and comforting, addressing each child’s emotional and physical needs.
- Adheres to philosophy, regulating policies and procedures as defined by MidHudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center Day Care Policies and Procedures Handbook, Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS), Dutchess County Department of Health.
- Models appropriate language and behavior.
- Participates and plans in center and classroom activities.
- Effectively supervises student teachers.
- Consistently communicates in a manner which is professional, positive and respectful with children, parents, administrators, co-workers and visitors.
- Provides effective written documentation within established time frames to include: (Lesson Plans, Daily Activity Reports, Progress Reports, and Medication/Documentation).
Minimum two years experience in Early Childhood setting preferred.
Baccalaureate Degree or Associate Degree in Early Childhood, Child Development, Elementary Education or Early Childhood Special Education or Child Development Associate.
Must obtain and keep current Medication Administration Training (MAT) and obtain and keep current First Aid and CPR Certification within 3 months of hire. Must be cleared through N.Y.S. Office of Children & Family Services (OCFS) State Central Register and N.Y.S. Office of Children & Family Services (OCFS) Criminal History Review.
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, effective oral and written communication skills, and positive interaction with children, parents and staff.
- Must complete 30 hours job related continuing education within each 24 month period as required by Office of Children & Family Services.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley’s most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area’s only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.
Benefits:We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Saving Account
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement