Job Title: Echo Technician
Company: Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
City/State: Suffern, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Position: Per Diem
Shift: Per Diem
Req #: 1993
Posted Date: Jan 12, 2022
The Echocardiology Technician provides patient care and performs special procedures related to cardiac testing for diagnosing heart disease and disorders; operates echocardiology equipment and conducts echocardiac examinations to monitor the movement, sound, and activity of the heart. The Echocardiology Technician annotates patient records, maintains adequate supplies and acts as liaison with the biomedical engineering staff for maintenance and repair of specialized equipment.
- Prepares patients for echocardiography testing.
- Prepares patient prior to procedure including: attachment of EKG to patient, perform skin prep according to protocol.
- Operates echocardiography equipment to record ultrasound from the heart walls, valves and support structures.
- Records all test results to ensure diagnosis of structure and valve abnormalities and plural and pericardial effusions. Develops, cuts and mounts echocardiography results.
- Conducts stress tests using accepted procedures and monitors and results.
- Records all results and prepares appropriate patient reports.
- Monitors equipment during procedures including equipment used, procedures performed, etc. Performs Systolic Time Interval and Apex Cardiography testing. Ensures an adequate store of supplies used in the non-invasive laboratory.
- Informs biomedical engineering staff of equipment failure and conducts follow-up on maintenance and repairs.
- Attends meetings, conferences, and seminars as required.
- Scans items in and out of automated inventory management system.
- Completes procedural reports using DMS reporting system entering specific details according to each procedure and physician preference.
- Prepares sterile trays for each procedure and organizes equipment for each procedure.
- Sets up and maintains equipment during specific procedures: Biosense, Stockert, EPT, CardioLab, Bloom Stimulator, Medtronic External Defibrillator, PPM/ICD Programmers, etc. Assist in the removal of procedural sheaths for the patient after the procedure according to protocol.
- Instructs and communicates with the patient’s families or representatives.
Clinical experience involving conducting EP/Pacemaker examinations preferred. BLS certification required, RCIS, RCES, or CCT required
Graduation from an accredited course of Cardiovascular Technology required
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group, part of Bon Secours Charity Health Systems (BSCHS), a regional network of more than 120 primary care physicians and specialists from a broad array of medical specialties. BSCHS, a member of WMCHealth Network, includes Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY and St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Bon Secours Charity Medical Group will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.