Job Title: Echo Technician
Company: St Anthony Community Hospital
City/State: Warwick, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Cardiac Rehab
Position: Per Diem
Shift: Per Diem
Req #: 2027
Posted Date: Jan 14, 2022
The Echo Technician (Cardiac Rehab) provides patient care and performs special procedures related to cardiac testing for diagnosing heart disease and disorders; operates echocardiology equipment and conducts echocardiac examinations to monitor the movement, sound, and activity of the heart. The Echocardiology Technician (Cardiac Rehab) annotates patient records, maintains adequate supplies and acts as liaison with the biomedical engineering staff for maintenance and repair of specialized equipment.
- Prepares patients for echocardiography testing.
- Prepares patient prior to procedure including: attachment of EKG to patient, perform skin prep according to protocol.
- Operates echocardiography equipment to record ultrasound from the heart walls, valves and support structures.
- Records all test results to ensure diagnosis of structure and valve abnormalities and plural and pericardial effusions.
- Develops, cuts and mounts echocardiography results. Conducts stress tests using accepted procedures and monitors and results.
- Records all results and prepares appropriate patient reports. Demonstrates ability to analyze echocardiograms, recognizes and reports any abnormalities to cardiologist.
- Monitors equipment during procedures including equipment used, procedures performed, etc.
- Ensures an adequate store of supplies used in the non-invasive laboratory.
- Informs biomedical engineering staff of equipment failure and conducts follow-up on maintenance and repairs.
- Attends meetings, conferences, and seminars as required. Scans items in and out of automated inventory management system.
- Completes procedural reports using DMS reporting system entering specific details according to each procedure and physician preference.
- Assists in the removal of procedural sheaths for the patient after the procedure according to protocol. Instructs and communicates with the patient’s family or representatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Clinical experience performing transthoracic echocardiograms, transesophageal echocardiograms. RDCS or RCS registration required; BLS required. Must maintain associated Continuing Medical Education credits. Must be able to work independently Must be able to provide weekend/holiday call as scheduled If applicable.
Graduate of a CAAHEP accredited cardiovascular sonography program
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
St Anthony Community Hospital
For over 75 years, St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY, has been serving the residents of Orange County, NY, and New Jersey’s Sussex and Passaic counties with outstanding and compassionate care. The 60-bed hospital has been a primary resource for emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services. Also on campus is the Mount Alverno Center, a state-approved adult home with an assisted-living program serving 85 residents, and Schervier Pavilion, a 120-bed skilled-nursing facility dedicated to the highest standard of healthcare excellence.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with St. Anthony Community Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.