Job Title: Echocardiology Technician
Company: St Anthony Community Hospital
City/State: Warwick, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Cardiac Rehab
Position: Part Time
Req #: 22028
Posted Date: Jan 31, 2021
The Echocardiology Technician (Cardiac Rehab) provides patient care and performs special procedures related to cardiac testing for diagnosing heart disease and disorders; operates echocardiology equipment and conducts echocardiac examinations to monitor the movement, sound, and activity of the heart. The Echocardiology Technician (Cardiac Rehab) annotates patient records, maintains adequate supplies and acts as liaison with the biomedical engineering staff for maintenance and repair of specialized equipment.
- Prepares patients for echocardiography testing.
- Prepares patient prior to procedure including: attachment of EKG to patient, perform skin prep according to protocol.
- Operates echocardiography equipment to record ultrasound from the heart walls, valves and support structures.
- Records all test results to ensure diagnosis of structure and valve abnormalities and plural and pericardial effusions.
- Develops, cuts and mounts echocardiography results.
- Conducts stress tests using accepted procedures and monitors and results.
- Records all results and prepares appropriate patient reports.
- Demonstrates ability to analyze echocardiograms, recognizes and reports any abnormalities to cardiologist.
- Monitors equipment during procedures including equipment used, procedures performed, etc.
- Ensures an adequate store of supplies used in the non-invasive laboratory.
- Informs biomedical engineering staff of equipment failure and conducts follow-up on maintenance and repairs.
- Attends meetings, conferences, and seminars as required.
- Scans items in and out of automated inventory management system.
- Completes procedural reports using DMS reporting system entering specific details according to each procedure and physician preference.
- Assists in the removal of procedural sheaths for the patient after the procedure according to protocol.
- Instructs and communicates with the patient’s family or representatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements:
Clinical experience performing transthoracic echocardiograms, transesophageal echocardiograms
Graduate of a CAAHEP accredited cardiovascular sonography program
Licenses / Certifications:
RDCS or RCS registration required; BLS required
- Must maintain associated Continuing Medical Education credits
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to provide weekend/holiday call as scheduled