Job Title: Ed Care Navigator
Company: MidHudson Regional Hospital
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Case Management
Position: Full Time
Req #: 31253
Posted Date: Aug 02, 2022
The Care Navigator at the Center for Regional Healthcare Innovation (CRHI) at MidHudson Regional Hospital works independently and as a member of the CRHI team in the development and execution of programs and services commencing with the implementation of the New York State Delivery System Reform Incentive Program (DSRIP). The Care Navigator assigned to the Emergency Department fulfills NYS Dept. of Health and DSRIP requirements. Requirements/Qualifications:
- Knowledge of healthcare industry and DSRIP preferred Case management experience preferred, and/or experience in emergency dept. and/or working with highly vulnerable populations.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience in a related field such as managed care
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, HMIS training a plus.
- Project a professional demeanor, able to work independently and as a part of a team. Strong communication skills
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley’s most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area’s only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.