Job Title: Educator (RN)
Company: Good Samaritan Hospital
City/State: Suffern, NY
Category: Nursing Support
Department: General Education
Position: Full Time
Req #: 36
Posted Date: Apr 08, 2021
The Educator (RN) is responsible for the professional growth of learners in a variety of clinical settings in acute care facilities. This position supports and encourages lifelong learning and functions in a variety of roles i.e. change agent, mentor, leader, learning facilitator, champion for scientific inquiry, advocate for specialty, and partner for practice transitions. In addition, this position is responsible for aspects of orientation, competency management, education, role development, collaborative partnerships, research/evidence-based practice/quality (Association of Nursing Professional Development, 2016).
- Develops, coordinates, manages, facilitates, conducts, and evaluates onboarding and orientation programs for nursing and other healthcare personnel in assigned areas on all shifts.
- Develops, coordinates, manages, facilitates, conducts, and evaluates competency assessment programs for nursing and other healthcare personnel in collaboration with the management team in assigned areas.
- Assists others in their professional role development, practice role transitions, and succession planning.
- Maintains current knowledge and competency of any changes in local, regional, state, national, and international levels as it pertains to educational standards.
- Practices in a manner that provides leadership and ethics in the work setting as well as the profession.
- Executes special projects as requested by the System Director of Professional Development & Education & Chief Nursing Officers.
- Acts as a champion of scientific inquiry, generating new knowledge and integrating best available evidence into practice and educational activities.
- Promotes, encourages and facilitates research, EBP, and QI in assigned patient care settings including the dissemination of findings.
- Recommends educational strategies to ensure compliance with requirements and standards of external regulatory and accrediting organizations based upon assessment data.
- Identifies expected educational outcomes and plans, prepares and maintains materials for use in educational programs for accuracy and relevance to the target audience while facilitating adult learning principles.
- Develops educational programs for nurses at all stages of their career development that are culturally sensitive, age appropriate and family centered. Performs other duties as assigned.
Three to five years relevant experience in clinical setting with teaching experience. Current New York State RN licensure required and ACLS/BLS certifications. Certification in Nursing Professional Development through American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) obtained within 3 years of experience.
BSN required; MSN, MBA, or MA in Nursing Education or enrolled in a Master in Nursing, business or health related field program to be completed within 5 years.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area’s leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children’s Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Good Samaritan Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.