Job Title: Endoscopy Technician
Company: St Anthony Community Hospital
City/State: Warwick, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Endoscopy - Pain Mgmt
Position: Part Time
Req #: 2472
Posted Date: Mar 07, 2022
The Endoscopy Technician / Tech Surg Service is responsible for performing sterilization procedures on medical instruments and equipment in accordance with established procedures, infection control standards, industry standards, recommended practices on sterilization, and regulatory requirements. This position sets up, operates, maintains, and makes minor repairs to specialized equipment as well as replenishes inventory of specialized supplies.
- Reprocesses and assembles specialized instruments and equipment utilized in the operative areas.
- Lifts and carries heavy items weighing up to 50lbs and transports to designated areas.
- Identifies, maintains, and prepares the instruments and equipment to ensure availability when required.
- Operates specialized equipment, washers, steam sterilizers, STERRAD sterilizers and decontamination equipment such as ultrasonic equipment, sinks, air equipment & HLD equipment.
- Tests steam sterilizers and washers on a regular basis and documents required information to maintain records.
- Ensures correct inventory numbers and restocks equipment and supplies as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Two years experience in Central Sterile Services and/or Endoscopy preferred.
Experience with flexible endoscopes preferred.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Central Service Technician Certification from an accredited organization such as IAHCSMM or the CBSPD boards or equivalent.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
St Anthony Community Hospital
For over 75 years, St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY, has been serving the residents of Orange County, NY, and New Jersey’s Sussex and Passaic counties with outstanding and compassionate care. The 60-bed hospital has been a primary resource for emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services. Also on campus is the Mount Alverno Center, a state-approved adult home with an assisted-living program serving 85 residents, and Schervier Pavilion, a 120-bed skilled-nursing facility dedicated to the highest standard of healthcare excellence.