Job Title: Environmental Services Aide
Company: MidHudson Regional Hospital
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Union Name: 1199
Position: Full Time
Hours: weekdays/every other weekend/
Req #: 36600
Posted Date: Sep 11, 2023
Hiring Range: $16.0500/Hr
The primary function of the Environmental Services Aide I is to clean and sanitize all patient and non-patient areas as assigned so as to provide a bacteria-free, aesthetically pleasing and safe environment for all customers. Job Responsibilites:
- Cleans patients’/residents’ rooms, offices, lavatories, corridors and any other areas that may require attention.
- Cleans all corners, edges, baseboards and move furniture when cleaning floors.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, burnishes floors and vacuums carpets and cleans stairs and elevators.
- Cleans light fixtures, ceilings and vents, walls, mattresses, furniture, door knobs, windows and replace cubicle and or shower curtains.
- Empties, cleans and relines all trash receptacles and replenishes supplies.
- Will be required to properly and safely use cleaning chemicals per manufacturer and hospital standards. Secures all chemicals and supplies all times.
- Collects and transports of all regular trash regulated medical waste, confidential waste, recycled items and sharps from the designated areas to Central Acumination Area and or trash compactor.
- May label the regulated medical waste, chemo, or pathology waste according to the Federal and NYS State regulations. Demonstrates knowledge and use of personal protective equipment including gloves, gowns and masks.
- May shampoo & clean carpets or scrub and burnish floors.
- Performs discharge and transfer cleaning and uses Xenex machine to disinfect hard surfaces.
- Demonstrates departmental knowledge and responsibilities during a Code.
- Cleans all equipment after use and reports problems with equipment to the supervisor immediately.
- Brings down to proper location all soiled wet mops, dry mops and cleaning cloths to the proper location for daily cleaning.
- May washes mops and cleaning cloths and sorts them according to color codes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience is preferred but not necessary Education and Training: High school graduate or equivalent preferred License, Certification and Registration: Current NYS driver's license preferred Other Requirements: Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate with customers, vendors and staff. Demonstrates excellent customer service skills by being helpful, courteous and friendly to all.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley’s most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area’s only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.