Job Title: Executive Assistant
Company: MidHudson Regional Hospital
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Department: Executive Offices
Position: Full Time
Hours: 8:30am to 5:00pm
Req #: 24305
Posted Date: Apr 26, 2021
The Executive Assistant functions as a distinct member of the administrative staff and performs independently to support the overall activities of respective Senior Administrator(s) while serving as a liaison for many populations, including Board Members, medical staff, corporate, religious and community leaders and the community at large. In addition, the Assistant provides support to committees for matters pertaining to Hospital operations. As the member of the administrative assistant team within the organization, the Executive Assistant may be called upon to support members of Senior Administration as needed. Provides support for compliance staff throughout the WMC Network.
- Minimum of five years’ experience preferred at an executive level.
- High School graduate with additional post-secondary training (degree preferred) to acquire executive secretarial skills or equivalent demonstrated by past work experience, advanced computer literacy, knowledge of business practices, shorthand and/or the ability to record minutes, advanced organizational skills, application of computers, printers, and copiers that reflect a complete working knowledge of their use.
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to facilitate and enhance projects in support of Hospital Administration.
- Advanced organizational skills and an ability to effectively manage multiple projects and assignments
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley’s most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area’s only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.