Job Title: Facilities Mechanic
Company: MidHudson Regional Hospital
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Position: Full Time
Shift: Day, Evening, Night
Req #: 25109
Posted Date: Jun 04, 2021
The Facilities Mechanic performs a variety of maintenance duties in the Electrical, Plumbing, Carpentry, HVACR, and Boiler man fields necessary for the maintenance and repair of the Hospital’s building, building systems and grounds. Performs related duties as directed. All Codes (NY State Building and Construction, Life Safety and DNV) will be adhered to.
- Relevant industrial or hospital experience preferred.
- Must be mechanically inclined and have some training in any maintenance field.
- High School diploma or equivalent or related trade school certification preferred.
- N.Y.S. Drivers License
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Trade school in mechanical work or related trade.
- Ability to workindependently.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels through-out the organization.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley’s most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area’s only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.