Job Title: Facilities Mechanic, Sr
Company: MidHudson Valley Staffco, LLC
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Position: Full Time
Shift: All Shifts
Req #: 20171
Posted Date: Sep 09, 2020
Under Limited Supervision, the Sr. Facilities Mechanic (Mechanical) performs a variety of maintenance and preventive maintenance duties in the Electrical, Plumbing, Carpentry, HVAC/R and Boiler man fields necessary to the maintenance and repair of the Hospital’s building, building systems and grounds. Performs all related duties as directed. All Codes (NY State Building and Construction, Life Safety and DNV will be adhered to. Based on the operational needs of the department, may be called on to cover the Boiler Plant.
- Must have a good knowledge of all of the craft trades, Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC/R Carpentry, Steam, etc.
- Must be proficient in at lease one of these trades.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to understand and maintain mechanical systems.
- High School diploma or equivalent or related trade school certification required.
- N.Y.S. Drivers License.
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Must exhibit superior knowledge of all facility and mechanical systems throughout the complex.
- Must have the ability to function independently on emergency repairs or special projects.
- Confined space certification is desirable.