Job Title: Front Desk Supervisor
Company: Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
City/State: Garnerville, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Department: RHVA - Cantor
Position: Full Time
Req #: 535
Posted Date: May 24, 2021
The Front Desk Supervisor provides on-site lead for daily operations team of secretaries where necessary. Liaison between physicians, patients and their family members. Handles operations and team management within the system policies.
- Coordinates the day-to-day operations of the medical staff. Serves as a liaison between medical secretaries, practitioners and patients to coordinate successful delivery of care and service.
- Ensures front desk is operating appropriately (hands on front desk) during scheduled business hours and beyond as needed.
- Ensures phones are covered, and transferred as appropriate for off-hours.
- Answers all employees and patients issues and reviews with practice manager; works as liaison to get them corrected.
- Assists in triage of messages and appointments making sure all are handled timely and appropriately.
- Understands and helps assure compliance for HIPAA.
- Oversees the daily schedule for the physician, does orders for bloodwork for physicals if needed for practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
At least 3 years of prior experience in a medical secretary role and coordination of a medical office. Heavy front desk management and or customer service experience a must. Work requires interpersonal skills necessary to function as liaison between physicians, patients and their family members. Requires knowledge of physician office policies, procedures, medical insurances and equipment. Must be able to handle a fast-paced environment in a confident, professional manner. Must be a self-motivator, possessing a high level of judgment skills and initiative, along with ability to prioritize and coordinate several tasks simultaneously, while maintaining a confident and helpful demeanor. Ability to listen compassionately demonstrating effective problem-solving and critical-thinking techniques to areas of concern to patients and employees without appearing judgmental is essential. Order Entry certificate.
GED or High School diploma.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group, part of Bon Secours Charity Health Systems (BSCHS), a regional network of more than 120 primary care physicians and specialists from a broad array of medical specialties. BSCHS, a member of WMCHealth Network, includes Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY and St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Bon Secours Charity Medical Group will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.