Job Title: Genetics Nurse Practitioner
Company: WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
City/State: Hawthorne, NY
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Position: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:30pm
Req #: 35855
Posted Date: Jul 19, 2023
Hiring Range: $62.23-$73.05
Leading Westchester Medical Genetics Practice seeks a Nurse Practitioner to manage patients (pediatric through adult) in the Lysosomal Storage Disease Program.
WMCHealth Network is seeking a Nurse Practitioner for our Medical Genetics Department. This provider will provide a broad range service for Genetics patients and oversee treatments in the Outpatient Infusion Center as well as assist in daily operations and patient care. They will also be responsible for being the on-site primary provider for the Lysosomal Storage Disease Center.
- Evaluating patients in the practice,
- Coordinating patients’ care
- Ordering appropriate tests and/or medications as needed
- May also include managing emergencies- both on site and via phone, telephone triage and supportive care.
- The provider will serve as a mentor, role model and resource person for the Medical Genetics staff.
- Assisting with policies and procedures, staff education, and participating on institutional committees.
- The Provider will also have in-patient hospital responsibilities (at WMC), which will include initial and follow-up evaluations of Genetics patients during hospitalization (in collaboration with the Hospitalist team), coordinating in-patient treatments, evaluations, and testing, as well as other activities as designated by the Medical Director.
- This is a fulltime, exempt position.
- Performs health assessments including patient history and physical examination
- Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic procedures and tests within the scope of privileging
- Formulates appropriate diagnoses, based on history, physical examination and clinical findings
- Plans and provides care, within the framework of policies, procedures privileges and available resources, and applying relevant research
- In collaboration with physicians and other health care providers, coordinates care of patients and evaluates plan of care and patient toward health goals and modifies plan of care accordingly
- Prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies, according to privileges
- Evaluates effectiveness of plan of care and interventions by comparing patients/significant other/family responses to planned outcome
- Collaborates and communicates appropriately with all members of the health care team
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Master’s Degree as an Advanced Practice Nurse
- A current New York State licenses as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner
- National Certification by the appropriate NP Credentialing Board
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a NP in Acute Care Pediatrics, ICU or Infusion Centers.
- Proficiency in IV and Port Access
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with Cerner computer system, a plus, or will train
- BCLS and PALS Certification required
- Valid DEA license (or ability to obtain the license)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage time appropriately and to prioritize workloads
- Appointment to Medical Center Allied Health Personnel Staff as well as Medical College Teaching Staff
- Ability to cover Emergency Calls and Hospital Consults in conjunction with Collaborating Physician
• Comprehensive salary and benefit package which includes malpractice coverage, CME Allowance, and 401k • The highest standard of quality practice backed by comprehensive and collaborative support services • Opportunities for continued professional development, mentoring and career advancement
The Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMC Health) is a 1,900-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with 10 hospitals on eight campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMC Health employs more than12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level 1, Level 2and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region's only acute care children's hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, home care services and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMC Health is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley.
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
Benefits:We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Saving Account
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement