Job Title: Groundskeeper
Company: Good Samaritan Hospital
City/State: Suffern, NY
Position: Full Time
Req #: 4
Posted Date: Apr 08, 2021
The Groundskeeper is responsible for performance of general grounds keeping and maintenance work throughout the hospital and its network of buildings. Position may be required to perform other job responsibilities and duties as identified.
- Uses tools in connection with maintenance and repair of the building and its equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment as directed.
- Conducts repairs with specialized tools.
- Collaborates with fellow workers, electricians, pipefitters, and carpenters.
- Analyses problem and identifies appropriate tools and materials for repair.
- Chooses materials based on budget, location, and intended uses of building.
- Follows health and safety standards and complies with building codes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Member in good standing with Union Local 363.
High school diploma or equivalent and apprentice training.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area’s leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children’s Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Good Samaritan Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.