Job Title: Guest Services Representative
Company: Good Samaritan Hospital
City/State: Suffern, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Department: Guest Services
Position: Full Time
Req #: 21
Posted Date: Apr 08, 2021
The Guest Services Representative manages the communication network of the organization.
- They are responsible to receive the incoming calls and provide the callers with necessary information.
- They are the voice of the organization.
- They help to coordinate all calls for hospital staff and departments.
- They make certain the enquiries made by patients and their family members are received and handled appropriately.
- Additionally, they may perform certain administrative and secretarial duties as well.
- The Clerk acts as both receptionists for the main hospital lobby as well as the operator.
- Clerk is required to answer any incoming calls to the hospital and direct them to the proper person(s) Clerk is responsible for calling all hospital emergency codes.
- Clerk is responsible for handling fire box devices.
- Clerk must be available to handle mailroom functions as needed.
- Clerk should be able to direct visitors and patients to all areas of the hospital as needed.
Must have good disposition, be able to handle stressful situations and remain calm and in control of the situation. Must be able to work with volunteers. This position reports to the System Director of Service Excellence.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area’s leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children’s Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Good Samaritan Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.