Job Title: Guest Services Representative
Company: Bon Secours Community Hospital
City/State: Port Jervis, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Department: Guest Services
Position: Full Time
Req #: 277
Posted Date: Jun 04, 2021
The Guest Services Representative manages the communication network of the organization.
- They are responsible to receive the incoming calls and provide the callers with necessary information. T
- hey are the voice of the organization.
- They help to coordinate all calls for hospital staff and departments.
- They make certain the enquiries made by patients and their family members are received and handled appropriately.
- Additionally, they may perform certain administrative and secretarial duties as well.
- The Clerk acts as both receptionists for the main hospital lobby as well as the operator.
- Clerk is required to answer any incoming calls to the hospital and direct them to the proper person(s) Clerk is responsible for calling all hospital emergency codes.
- Clerk is responsible for handling fire box devices.
- Clerk must be available to handle mailroom functions as needed. Clerk should be able to direct visitors and patients to all areas of the hospital as needed.
Must have good disposition, be able to handle stressful situations and remain calm and in control of the situation. Must be able to work with volunteers. This position reports to the System Director of Service Excellence.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Community Hospital
For nearly a century, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY, has served the residents of western Orange County, NY, Pike County, PA, and northern Sussex County, NJ, as the area’s premier healthcare provider. The hospital serves its community with 122 beds for acute care and medical-surgical services, a 24-hour emergency department, long-term care and rehabilitation, a dedicated bariatric surgery unit, behavioral health, and outpatient services.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Bon Secours Community Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.