Job Title: Health Record Analyst
Company: Good Samaritan Hospital
City/State: Montebello, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Department: Health Information Management
Position: Full Time
Hours: 7:00A - 3P
Req #: 7423
Posted Date: Oct 24, 2023
Hiring Range: $15.00 - $17.06
The Health Record Analyst is responsible for the review and analysis of all medical records in accordance with established procedures and regulatory requirements. This includes records of inpatients, ambulatory surgeries, outpatient procedures, and all ConnectCare established analysis work queues such as the Done and Decline work queues and the HIM Analysis work queue. The Health Records Analyst ensures that records contain required documentation, and acts as liaison to medical staff and clinical department personnel.
· Analyzes patient records for deficiencies in compliance with medical staff rules and regulations, Joint Commission and CMS, and assigns necessary deficiencies for dictations and signatures needed by medical staff.
· Performs accurate and timely analysis within 3 days post discharge of each medical record per established policies and procedures.
· Processes records within established guidelines of receipt in the electronic work queues.
· Facilitates timely investigation and retrieval of required documentation to facilitate record completion and coding for hospital reimbursement.
· Verifies scanned documents by confirming patient name, medical record number and encounter number on every page scanned into ConnectCare.
· Researches all discrepancies for correction, and reports all mis-scans to management for follow-up.
· Utilizes appropriate hospital information systems in a confidential manner.
· Monitors backlogs and communicates with department in a timely manner so alternative work plans can be determined.
· Updates newborn names in the MPI database with their legal birth certificate names.
· Collaborates with nursing, ConnectCare HIM team, physician’s office, and HIM management to address concerns, and troubleshoots issues pertaining to record completion.
· Answers the telephone, greets and assists customers, and processes incoming mail.
· Releases information in accordance with established procedures, and assembles and prepares charts for pick up.
· Assists with regulatory audits on an as needed basis.
· Supports the suspension process by calling physician’s offices and/or mailing notification letters.
· Effectively uses automated systems to perform work assignments
· Performs related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
· Minimum one year experience in a medical office setting preferred
· Experience in analysis of medical record documentation preferred
Education: A high school diploma or equivalency is required.
Licenses / Certifications: N/A
Other: Knowledge and experience using electronic medical records preferred
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area’s leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children’s Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.
Benefits:We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Saving Account
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement