Job Title: HIM Technician
Company: HealthAlliance Hospital - Mary's Avenue Campus
City/State: Kingston, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Department: Medical Records
Position: Full Time
Hours: 8 - 4
Req #: 18800
Posted Date: Jul 07, 2020
Under the general direction of the Director, Health Information Management, serves as the primary resource for the Electronic Medical Record System. Responsible for preparing/ prepping documents into the OneContent/ electronic document imaging system. This position will maintain daily workflow, insuring that documents are prepped in a timely and efficient manner to avoid delay in further processing. Examines pages and verifies patient information on each page of the document.
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent required.
- Prior experience working in an acute care hospital medical records department preferred.
- Ability to perform job function and make decisions without direct supervision.
- Must be able to speak English and have good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent keyboard skills
- Must be detail-oriented, display a high level of accuracy, and be organized.